Sunday, January 25, 2015

What sparked your interest in seeking a position on the board?

I became interested in the school board when my oldest daughter started school a couple of years ago. I felt a bit lost in the process and had discussed this with other new parents. A few of us had the idea to go to the school board members to offer ourselves as a parent committee available to assist parents entering the school district for the first time. It was then brought to my attention that there would be seats opening up on the school board. After speaking with other parents and community members, I was encouraged to help move our community forward by running for a seat. I like to be involved in all areas of my child's life especially if it means helping others in the process. 


No comments:

Post a Comment